Microbits Workshop - This event has already occurred
Program Microbit hardware to make a tiny light show, act as a stop-watch, or play rock-paper-scissors. Microbits use an easy to learn graphical programming block language suitable for beginners or those with programming experience.
Participants must pick up a microbits kit from the library before the start of the program. Kits will be available at the Information Desk during our open hours.
- For the September 25 program: pick up starting on September 21.
- For the October 23 program: pick up starting on October 19.
- Kits can be returned to the library after the program.
Content will be the same for both Pro-D days.
How to join the online program:
This workshop will be held on Zoom. Once you have registered for the program, we will email you the Zoom meeting link.
At the start time of the program:
- If you are using a computer or laptop:
- Click on the Zoom link and it will open up in your browser.
- Click yes when prompted to open or download Zoom.
- If you are using a phone or tablet:
- Download the Zoom app from the Apple App Store or Google Play ahead of time.
- Click on the Zoom link on your device. It may open up the Zoom app automatically, or it may ask you how you want to open the link.
- You should not need to sign up for a Zoom account to participate. Let us know if you need any tech help to use Zoom.
A link to join the Zoom meeting will be emailed to all registrants.