Makey Makey Coding Workshop - This event has already occurred
If you are already familiar with Scratch, the block-based programming language, expand what you can do by adding a Makey Makey hardware kit! We'll show you how to set up your Makey Makey and use code to program it to do something fun.
Pick up your Makey Makey from the Library:
- Participants must pick up and borrow a Makey Makey kit with your Library card before the start of the program.
- Kits will be available starting July 23.
- Please pick up your kit at the Accounts Desk during our opening hours.
- Kits must be returned to the Library after the program.
How to join the online program:
This program will be held on Zoom. Once you have registered for the program, we will email you the Zoom meeting link.
At the start time of the program:
- If you are using a computer or laptop:
- Click on the Zoom link and it will open up in your browser.
- Click yes when prompted to open or download Zoom.
- If you are using a phone or tablet:
- Download the Zoom app from the Apple App Store or Google Play ahead of time.
- Click on the Zoom link on your device. It may open up the Zoom app automatically, or it may ask you how you want to open the link.
- You should not need to sign up for a Zoom account to participate. Let us know if you need any tech help to use Zoom.
A link to join the Zoom meeting will be emailed to all registrants.