Family Code Night - This event has already occurred
What's more fun than playing a game? Making your own! Kids and parents or caregivers can learn how to think like a computer programmer, and build a game together as a team. We will code in Scratch, a block-based programming language, and use a Makey Makey to make our own controller.
- Registration starts on October 1, 2021.
- This program is over two Thursdays (October 21 and 28). Please ensure that you can attend both days.
- Register once for both sessions.
- You can register online or in-person.
Pick up your Makey Makey from the Library:
- Participants must pick up and borrow a Makey Makey kit with your Library card before the start of the program.
- Kits will be available starting October 14.
- Please pick up your kit at the Accounts Desk during our opening hours.
- Kits must be returned to the Library after the program.
How to Join:
This program will be an online meeting via Zoom. Once you have registered for the program, you will receive an email with a meeting link.
On the day of the program:
If you are using a computer or laptop:
- Click on the Zoom link and it will open up in your browser.
- Click yes when prompted to open or download Zoom.
If you are using a phone or tablet:
- Download the Zoom app from the Apple App Store or Google Play ahead of time.
- Click on the Zoom link on your device. It may open up the Zoom app automatically, or it may ask you how you want to open the link.
You should not need to sign up for a Zoom account to participate. Let us know if you need any tech help to use Zoom.
A link to join the Zoom meeting will be emailed to all registrants.