Micro:bit Coding Workshop - This event has already occurred
Program micro:bit hardware to make a tiny light show, act as a stop-watch, play rock-paper-scissors, and more! Micro:bits use an easy to learn graphical programming block language suitable for beginners or those with programming experience.
- Registration starts on October 1, 2021.
Pick up your micro:bit from the Library:
- Participants must pick up and borrow a micro:bit with your Library card before the start of the program.
- Kits will be available starting October 14, 2021.
- Please pick up and borrow your kit at the Accounts Desk during our opening hours.
- Kits must be returned to the Library after the program.
How to join the online program:
This program will be held on Zoom. Once you have registered for the program, we will email you the Zoom meeting link.
At the start time of the program:
- If you are using a computer or laptop:
- Click on the Zoom link and it will open up in your browser.
- Click yes when prompted to open or download Zoom.
- If you are using a phone or tablet:
- Download the Zoom app from the Apple App Store or Google Play ahead of time.
- Click on the Zoom link on your device. It may open up the Zoom app automatically, or it may ask you how you want to open the link.
- You should not need to sign up for a Zoom account to participate. Let us know if you need any tech help to use Zoom.
A link to join the Zoom meeting will be emailed to all registrants.