Spreadsheets are useful not only in the office, but also in our everyday life. They can help you stay organized, and keep tabs on your time, expenses, to-dos, and more. In this beginners' workshop, we will learn how to use Microsoft Excel, one of the most popular spreadsheet programs.
This is a beginners' Excel course. Basic computer skills required. We will be using the free online version of Microsoft Excel for this workshop. You can also use the desktop version if you have it on your computer.
- This is a two-week program (two Thursdays). Please ensure you can attend both sessions.
- You only have to register once for both weeks.
In the first week, we will cover the basics. You will learn how to:
- Create and save a spreadsheet
- Enter data
- Work with rows and columns
- Format your spreadsheet and make data easier to read
- Sort and filter your data
- Create charts and tables
In the second week, you will learn how to:
- Perform simple calculations on your data
- Use functions and formulae
- Use conditional formatting
How to join the online program:
This workshop will be held on Zoom. Once you have registered for the program, we will email you the Zoom meeting link.
At the start time of the program:
- If you are using a computer or laptop:
- Click on the Zoom link and it will open up in your browser.
- Click yes when prompted to open or download Zoom.
- If you are using a phone or tablet:
- Download the Zoom app from the Apple App Store or Google Play ahead of time.
- Click on the Zoom link on your device. It may open up the Zoom app automatically, or it may ask you how you want to open the link.
- You should not need to sign up for a Zoom account to participate. Let us know if you need any tech help to use Zoom.